Friday 20 July 2018

Class 501 for N gauge



Obviously not 009... but the track is the same gauge.

I have a plan to do a shelf, about 10 foot long, by 1 foot, with Croxley Green Station and and approximation of Watford High Street, as a terminus. Not that far yet, but I do have a class 501 to run on it, nearly.

It uses a 3D printed shell, that started like this:



It was disappointing to find none of the jump cables on the front were includes, so they had to be added from random bits of plastic and wire.




The logos are from Fox Transfers and look a little large to me but were the smallest I could find. Still need to fit picks for the third rail, bars for the windows (possibly using bristles from a brush), and a chassis to motorise it, but I think it looks okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment