Sunday 4 January 2015

Small 009 layout

I have been very slowly building a layout for a few years, but recently my daughter said she wanted on of her own. We built a small diaorama together (a single bit of track and a wooden platform), but she wanted more!. As I
wanted to encourage her interest, I agreed. The idea is we build together where possible, however, as she is nine, most of the woodworking and soldering falls to me.

As we have just spent an afternoon papier macheing, I thought I would made a new post. The layout measures 4' by 2'6", and is split in two by a backboard. The first two photos show the rural, featuring a bridge over a lake/river.

The third photo shows the urban side, which is still being designed, but will feature Toys-R-Us! You can see the two locos, Tebee 3D prints on Kato chassis, "Armadillo" and "Turtle".




No comments:

Post a Comment