Tuesday 30 April 2013

Painting the backscene

I now have a backscene.
I have come to the conclusion it would be better to plaster over the hills before laying the track in those sections, and that, in turn, it would be better to put the backscene before that, so that was today's job.

I have quite a bit of depth to the baseboards, and decided all I really wanted on the backscene was sky to hide the brickwork behind. I wanted a continuous run, working out to nearly 10 m long, and the best thing to do that on that I found was lining paper, pinned to sections of wood on the garage wall. Once in place, I painted it blue with very dilute poster paint, applied with a piece of sponge, with more dilute paint in the lower half.

Some sections were better than others, with the above being one of the better, but I think it looks okay. Not sure if it looks blue in the photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment