Tuesday 9 April 2013

Finally got something moving

I am starting to feel that I am making progress. Spent an hour wiring up, including hunting dowen a short circuit, and an 009 engine has actually run (well, the chassis has). Points all switch as they should, and one even has the electrofrog wired up too.

I have also been painting my rolling stock. One Peco "James", which looks pretty good, and two Parkside Dundas coaches, which are not so good. The cream paint was too thin - possibly because the brush had just be used for the copper on the engine and still had a trace of white spirits - and will need some further work.

Only the track in the station has been laid, and the tight curve to the left will not be easy, but wiring should be simple after this. I am starting to think about scenery (things I can do in the house, rather than the garage), and am wondering if I can adapt a ScaleScenes factory to a transfer shed and engine shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment