Wednesday 1 January 2014

A Set Piece

With the winter weather, going to the garage becomes less attractive. With some free days over the holiday period, I thought I would create a small set-piece that would serve as a kind of practice area, as well as a test track. The local club has a modelling competition at the end of February, so it can also be an entry for that.

Construction started on Saturday. The base is 76x21 cm, and ithe track is simple; it emeres frm a tunnel on the left, over a small stream, on to an embankment.


Sunday I put on the first layer of papier mache:


Some trees under construction. I have never made trees before, so somewhat experimental. They are made from wire  stripped from kettle leads (working in IT I have plenty of them), twisted into shape, with "SuperSculpey" modelling clay added to bulk out the trunk and main branches, then painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment